Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Adding Kobo ebooks to Adobe Digital Editions

Share this Page 
02 Nov 2015, 04:55 PM
Hi, I'm really new to ebooks and have bought some from Kobo. I'm reading them on a Desktop PC and a Windows 10 8" Tablet. I've installed the Kobo App so I can read them from my Kobo library. However I'd like to download them and read them offline with Adobe Digital Editions.

On trying to Authorize my computer to ADE it is asking for an eBook Vendor but Kobo is not on the list. Anybody got the answer to this? I'd be grateful for some help.
---
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02 Nov 2015, 10:35 PM
Just to add some more information .... the ebooks are DRM protected. If I copy them to Adobe Digital Editions I have to authorize my computer to process them. I see that I misunderstood the authorisation process and I have to authorize my computer to my Adobe-ID. Non-the-less when I enter my ID and password it says that they are invalid. This is nonsense as this is the same information that I use to login to my Adobe-ID account.

Why are things so difficult? Sad
---
02 Nov 2015, 11:26 PM
Well .... having Googled about the problem I've not really found the solution but seen recommendations to use Adobe Digital Editions v1.7.2 (the latest is v4.x). So authorization in the old version is part of the setup process and that accepted my Adobe-ID and password. I've been able to download one of my books. I'll try the others.
---