Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Nook Press Publishing Platform - Absolutely God Awful!

Share this Page 
29 Nov 2014, 02:55 PM
Moan alert, but I'm sorry: I really am fed up! Angry

For the past two weeks I've been trying to publish my book Big Brother by uploading the .epub file onto the Nook Press system. I want to sell it in the UK and Europe as well as the US. I was successful with Epiworld, but for some inexplicable reason Nook is having none of it with Big Brother! All I want is the first three pages centred and it won't do it!

I have checked the .xhtml codes in the Sigil epub, I've tested the pages in Notepad, I have checked the file in .epub reader - those pages are centred! Then I upload the file into Nook press - all the centred formatting disappears and everything goes left aligned: looks rubbish in the preview and downloaded .epub. I was advised not to use the editor function as it has major problems. The editor doesn't seem to work at all in Internet Explorer, but I did try typing those pages from scratch into the editor in Firefox. Thought I'd cracked it: in the preview it looked great. Downloaded the resulted .epub: back to square one, everything centred = left aligned again! NOTHING works!

Stuck. Draft2Digital is no good because it only puts the book out for the US market.

Don't suppose anyone here has a clue?!

Doin' me 'ead in! Angry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30 Nov 2014, 02:13 AM
I'm baffled. All I've ever done is upload Word documents and let their system do the rest. The original document formatting has always carried over without any problems.

Author of -
The War of the Second Iteration
Book One The Luck of Han'anga
Book Two Founders' Effect
Book Three The Plight of the Eli'ahtna
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply