Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Humble Bundle eBooks

Share this Page 
19 Mar 2014, 12:47 AM
The latest Humble Bundle consists of four interesting sounding ebooks. The price? Pay what you want! You can choose how much of the money goes to the authors and how much to charity. Pay over the average (currently $10.54 and you get an extra two books. Pay over $15 and you get the audio book of Cory Doctorow's Homeland

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble
read by Wil Wheaton. That's up to $75 of books.

I've just paid $20 and if these books are half as good as those in the last Humble Bundle then I will consider it a great bargain.

Incidentally Humble Bundles tend to gain additional books as the average price increases. If you paid early and over the average price at that time you automatically get the additional books.

This time round the charities supported are the SFWA Emergency Medical Fund and Worldreader.

The books can be downloaded in Kindle, iPad, Kobo, and Nook formats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26 Mar 2014, 01:18 PM
Humble Bundle? This is a new one on me.

Author of -
The War of the Second Iteration
Book One The Luck of Han'anga
Book Two Founders' Effect
Book Three The Plight of the Eli'ahtna
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies
17 Jun 2014, 05:37 PM
Hello there guys. New here.

I've been a 'victim' to the humble bundle for almost a year now, and it was either late last year or early 2014 that they began introducing eBooks and audiobooks. the pay what you want model is nice. I purchased the first one cautiously and was delighted by the variety. Cory Doctorow's Pirate Cinema was my favorite, as well as some collections of short stories like Machine of Death and Stranger Things Happen. I also was rather stunned by William S.B.'s Junky and will looking for the followup Queer ASAP.

They are also very progressive in that they are DRM-Free meaning they give you access to the actual files, not a simple redemption code tied to account, though i think the option for that is there as well. I have a couple of them and would be perfectly willing to share if any of you are interested. I only ask that you keep an eye out for any future Bundles. They'll be having bi-weekly book bundle sales from now on. a portion of your contribution as you see fit get's contributed to the charity as you see fit.

Also if any of you happen to know anyone willing to share the complete image comics bundles or humble ebook bundle 3 please point them my way. i've missed out on those two and it's killing me!! Cheers
---
17 Jun 2014, 09:00 PM
We need to be a little careful here. There is a difference between a book being DRM-free and it being legal to distribute it freely. Some items in the Humble Bundles, such as Cory Doctorow's works may be free to distribute as he tends to use a liberal licence. However most other media will be copyright and therefore distribution is limited. The files are supplied DRM-free at a curtsey to the buyer but that doesn't affect how the content is licenced. So sharing would break the author's terms and potentially impact his pocket.

Personally I seriously ***Hate*** DRM but...

[Tall pointy moderating hat: ON]
Posts advertising or encouraging illegal downloads of copyright material contravene this forum's rules and will be removed.
[Tall pointy moderating hat: OFF]
17 Jun 2014, 09:07 PM
(17 Jun 2014 05:37 PM)b1tters.k Wrote:  the complete image comics bundles or humble ebook bundle 3

wait! what? image comics bundles on humble bundle? which bundle was that?
27 Jun 2014, 09:17 PM
(17 Jun 2014 09:07 PM)mikewood Wrote:  wait! what? image comics bundles on humble bundle? which bundle was that?

Good news! There's another Humble Comic Bundle running at the moment. Currently you can get $258 of comics (115 issues) for as little as $12. Titles include:
  • The Mocking Dead
  • Chaos!
  • The Hollows
  • Cryptozoic Man
  • The Trial of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan) Volume 1 (36 issues!)
  • Red Sonja
  • Green Hornet
  • Vampirella
  • Wild Cards (George R. R. Martin)

To sweeten the deal they are also giving away a free comic each day as a taster. And remember that you can set how much of the selling price goes to charity (Medecins Sans Frontieres, Make-A-Wish and Comic Book Legal Defense Fund). Take a look at:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books