Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Anyone noticed...

Share this Page 
25 Jul 2013, 08:10 PM
I nipped into my local Tesco store (London, UK) today and was surprised to see nestling amongst the displays of Kindles and iPads a new section - "Coming Soon - the Nook HD+ and Simple Touch". Intriguing I thought... not somewhere I'd seen the Nook on display before.

Fast forward to this evening and we were doing our weekly shop in Sainsbury's and... well I never... the Nook HD and Simple Touch Glowlight on display there too!

Have Barnes & Noble finally come to their senses and are actually trying to *market* the Nook in the UK?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26 Jul 2013, 07:56 AM
(25 Jul 2013 08:10 PM)frogplate Wrote:  I nipped into my local Tesco store (London, UK) today and was surprised to see nestling amongst the displays of Kindles and iPads a new section - "Coming Soon - the Nook HD+ and Simple Touch". Intriguing I thought... not somewhere I'd seen the Nook on display before.

Fast forward to this evening and we were doing our weekly shop in Sainsbury's and... well I never... the Nook HD+ and Simple Touch Glowlight on display there too!

Have Barnes & Noble finally come to their senses and are actually trying to *market* the Nook in the UK?
if they have it must be at the cost of english ebooks because if you look at their web site and choose say trudi canavan the books that appear are in spanish,their library available on the nook simple in the shop is the same as opposed to thousand in barnes and noble shop.
26 Jul 2013, 08:17 PM
(26 Jul 2013 07:56 AM)drydenc Wrote:  if they have it must be at the cost of english ebooks because if you look at their web site and choose say trudi canavan the books that appear are in spanish,their library available on the nook simple in the shop is the same as opposed to thousand in barnes and noble shop.

A quick search for "Trudi Canavan" books in English shows:
  • Amazon - 11
  • Kobo - 10
  • Nook - 2

Which does pretty well sum up my experience with the Nook store... the Nook hardware is great, but it's really let down by the infrastructure.

But don't forget that with a little fiddling you can read books bought from the Kobo store on a Nook - see this article by Lou.