Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Inventive fun for all ages: Professor Kompressor

Share this Page 
29 Jun 2013, 01:12 PM
I'd like to introduce you to Professor Kompressor, a mildly confused inventor. He is excellent at inventing, but the inventions are not always excellent.

This first book recalls a number of episodes from the Professor's inventing career. It was perhaps predictable that an invisibility cloak would be easily mislaid, but who could have guessed that tinkering with an old Volkswagen Beetle would be so dangerous? There is plenty of evidence that Professor Kompressor is a genius, but this does not in anyway prevent him from accidents and mishaps.

The book is aimed a children of all ages and is intended to inspire developing minds. The Professor is a fictional character and the adventures are completely made up. Yet, the various episodes draw on ideas from science and the modern world. They show that you can have a lot of fun with science and technology, especially if you allow for a little bit of creative mis-interpretation.

[Image: PK%20v2%20cover%20copy.jpg]

Download links: Nook and Kobo.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06 Jul 2013, 09:34 AM
Nice new review on Amazon.com this week. Thanks to Michael VerBruggen for this (4 stars).

Great book for children and adults

This is a collection of twelve short stories about a clever inventor who always overlooks something that causes his inventions to wreck havoc. The stories are clever and well thought out, and the final story provides the perfect ending. I would recommend this story for children as well as adults looking for a quick, light-hearted book to read.

Smile
01 Aug 2013, 02:42 PM
The sun must be getting to me. Better stay in and do some reading.

If you plan to deal with the problem the same way, then... I have reduced the price of the first Professor Kompressor book to a measly $0.99 (it may even be lower depending on what site you visit). Why not give it a go? May provide a few laughs and some interesting bits of "science" as well.

Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/professo...0016505930

Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-gb/books/P...ILpcDCyayQ

Cool
13 Aug 2013, 03:55 PM
At the request of my daughter; a short story involving a red button and things ending up back to front...

Here's the link!