Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Trying to put B&N books on my Kobo Mini

Share this Page 
28 Jun 2013, 06:35 PM
Help!

I'm trying to use the DeDRM plugin with Calibre to put B&N books on my Kobo Mini but I'm having formatting issues. My converted EPUBS have page numbers that overlap the margins.

Anybody have any experience reading Nook books on Kobo Mini?
---
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28 Jun 2013, 07:02 PM
I've seen the same problem with magazines built by Calibre from RSS feeds. On the Kobo Mini page numbers appear at random intervals in the right margin, sometimes overlapping the ends of words. I haven't investigated modifying the way Calibre generates these documents but you can use the font control dialogue on the Kobo to widen the margin by one notch and that stops the overlap obscuring the last character on the line.
28 Jun 2013, 07:48 PM
I've just updated my Kobo Mini to software version 2.6.1 and have noticed an option to turn off page numbers in margins... it may have been there before but I don't remember seeing it previously. When reading a book tap on the bar at the bottom of the page to bring up the menu. Tap on the spanner icon and select "Reading Settings" from the pop-up menu. "Reading Settings" is a two page dialogue; tap on the right arrow to go to the second page where there is a "Page Numbers in Margins" setting. This solved the problem for the Calibre-created magazines I have loaded.