Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Nook PC and Mac apps have been removed

Share this Page 
08 Jun 2013, 09:42 AM
The eBook Reader blog points out that Barnes & Noble have removed the Nook for PC and Nook for Mac from their apps download page. I have confirmed this is the case on the UK site but that my installed copy of Nook for PC still works.

Given the savage price reductions (presumably to below cost), lack of next generation device and removal of the desktop apps I don't think the future looks that rosy for the Nook.

There's a lot more information in the article including links to the Nook for PC and Nook for Mac downloads which still work. It might be worth grabbing a copy while you still can.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11 Jun 2013, 10:09 PM
The eBook Reader has an update confirming that B&N have dropped the Windows and Mac apps. However the blog does point out that there is another way of reading Nook books on a PC or Mac - Nook Study. It is probably worth grabbing a download before B&N kill that too!
16 Jun 2013, 09:43 AM
Thank you so much for posting this, now I have the chance to grab Nook Study before it gets pulled.
---
03 Aug 2013, 04:20 PM
B&N's drawing up of the moat doesn't bode well for them, IMO.
---
03 Aug 2013, 10:00 PM
There are hints today that there could be two new Nooks on the way. There also seems to be a bit of a push of the existing Nook devices into UK supermarkets at the moment. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed...