Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Twitter

Share this Page 
29 May 2013, 02:15 AM
The other day I made a Twitter post with the link to this still relatively new forum. It seemed to draw a healthy number of retweets, which means a few thousand people became aware of this forum yesterday.

Anyone else on Twitter? Post the link to this forum and see what happens!

Author of -
The War of the Second Iteration
Book One The Luck of Han'anga
Book Two Founders' Effect
Book Three The Plight of the Eli'ahtna
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29 May 2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks - that is much appreciated! I've mentioned this august forum on Twitter, App.net and a few other places. Unlike you, I only have a few hundred followers, but any mention associating Nobooko with Kobo and Nook will always help.
01 Jun 2013, 02:08 PM
Following the site on Twitter, now, as well. Thanks for setting that up!

Author of -
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies
01 Jun 2013, 04:35 PM
(01 Jun 2013 02:08 PM)Thomas Watson Wrote:  Following the site on Twitter, now, as well. Thanks for setting that up!

We had planned to set up a Twitter account for some time, but Lou has had other priorities of late, and I've been a little distracted while my chest was being extensively re-plumbed.

I've now set up @NobookoForum on Twitter. There is also a busy Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Nobooko for your delight and delectation.

Thanks for the support and mentions on Twitter - much appreciated!
04 Jun 2013, 02:31 AM
Yes, I was sorry to hear of the health problems. Hope you're on the way to putting that all behind you!

I "liked" the FB page some time ago, and even remembered to check the "notifications" option.

Author of -
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies
04 Jun 2013, 06:19 PM
(04 Jun 2013 02:31 AM)Thomas Watson Wrote:  Yes, I was sorry to hear of the health problems. Hope you're on the way to putting that all behind you!

I had a double coronary bypass back in March, which was an amazing experience - the technology involved was stunning and it was truly a life changing experience... as well as life extending! I'm just about back to full health now and am working full-time again, so it's all looking good.

I've documented a lot of my experience and am tempted to mold it into a free ebook, but there are various privacy issues that would be difficult to handle - so I'm not sure it will every happen.
07 Jun 2013, 04:30 AM
Maybe write it for the therapeutic it has for you, dealing with the experience.

Author of -
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies
16 Aug 2013, 12:56 PM
Gotten a bit quiet around here. Maybe time to post some twitter reminders. I'll start.

Author of -
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies
17 Aug 2013, 03:43 AM
(04 Jun 2013 06:19 PM)frogplate Wrote:  I had a double coronary bypass back in March, which was an amazing experience - the technology involved was stunning and it was truly a life changing experience... as well as life extending! I'm just about back to full health now and am working full-time again, so it's all looking good.

A few people in my extended family had coronary bypass surgery and that's definitely not a small operation. Still, glad to hear that you're almost back to normal by now.

http://corabuhlert.com
http://pegasus-pulp.com
My books for the Nook
My books for Kobo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18 Aug 2013, 11:41 PM
(17 Aug 2013 03:43 AM)Cora Buhlert Wrote:  
(04 Jun 2013 06:19 PM)frogplate Wrote:  I had a double coronary bypass back in March, which was an amazing experience - the technology involved was stunning and it was truly a life changing experience... as well as life extending! I'm just about back to full health now and am working full-time again, so it's all looking good.

A few people in my extended family had coronary bypass surgery and that's definitely not a small operation. Still, glad to hear that you're almost back to normal by now.

Thanks. I was pretty lucky really - I'm relatively young to have the operation (53) and only had two grafts. I had absolutely none of the pain that many people warned me about and was back on my feet within a day or so. It's partly luck of the draw - sometimes the incisions over the sternum and in the leg or arm leave severed nerves firing in 'pain mode' but I just ended up with a numb area on my chest and on the inside of one leg. Mind you I get terrible itching in my ankle, but scratching it makes no difference because it can't feel a thing!

I had no pain from my sternum being split in two and wired back together except for discomfort when getting in and out of bed or the bath where the rib cage twists a little. But that has now all cleared up and I recently pulled a 35-pound longbow without the slightest twinge! I'll soon be buying myself a new bow to celebrate.

But the biggest change has been psychological - as an atheist I've always been terrified of the non-existence that death would bring. Somehow the experience of going under the anaesthetic has left me a lot more comfortable with the idea of my brain shutting down for good.

I also met some amazing people - including a very fit guy, half my age, who had a heart transplant at about the same time as my op. He was just about the most positive, optimistic person I've ever met.