Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

marketing your book

Share this Page 
11 Apr 2013, 07:50 PM
Everyone,

I have a book for sale on Kobo, amazon and Ibooks. I have found it easy to generate sales on amazon and Ibooks where the book is doing well. However The Viking's Apprentice seems to be harder to market on Kobo. Does anyone have any tips on how to market effectively on Kobo?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14 Apr 2013, 11:06 AM
(11 Apr 2013 07:50 PM)Kevin McLeod Wrote:  Everyone,

I have a book for sale on Kobo, amazon and Ibooks. I have found it easy to generate sales on amazon and Ibooks where the book is doing well. However The Viking's Apprentice seems to be harder to market on Kobo. Does anyone have any tips on how to market effectively on Kobo?

I would also like to know if anybody has any tips for getting noticed on Kobo.
25 Apr 2013, 08:16 PM
Kobo is my second best market after Kindle. I don't know why this is. My Canadian sales on Kobo are better than for Kindle but this may well be expected given the provenance of Kobo.

I find the web-site is poor although I don't own a device to compare it with the ease of search on Kindle. As for Apple, that seems to have gone very quiet for me. Maybe I'm just not doing something right.

Hopefully sites like this will help bring authors and readers together on both Kobo and Nook.

Martin Lake

blog: http://martinlakewriting.wordpress.com
twitter: @martinlake14
01 Jun 2013, 02:32 PM
Persistence and writing are the only marketing tips I think worth repeating. Writing the next book should absolutely be the first priority. In the time that's left, I try to keep myself, and my books, visible on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Shelfari. (I have yet to figure out LibraryThing.) I write a weblog and make sure new entries show up via Twitter and Goodreads; there's a page on my blog that lists all my work, and every source I have available for purchasing those books and stories. There are other avenues and options - experiment and find things that seem to work, then be consistent in applying them. Don't let up! Don't give up! Immediate results are most unlikely. I've been at this a bit over a year, and while sales are slowly going up, a glacier could out pace my rate of progress. But there's been progress, so I keep writing.

Author of -
The War of the Second Iteration
Book One The Luck of Han'anga
Book Two Founders' Effect
Book Three The Plight of the Eli'ahtna
and
Mr. Olcott's Skies