Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Hello from a SoCal Author

Share this Page 
08 Mar 2016, 08:09 PM
Somehow I stumbled upon this site and I can't tell if it's very active. I hope someone will respond and let me know a little bit about this group and if it's active and a great place for interaction. I'm on lots of other social media platforms. I run a bunch of facebook pages and groups. I love meeting new people, readers, authors, etc. I seem to meet a lot of kindle readers and a few nook readers so I'm hoping this forum will allow me some intros into the kobo and nook world.

Since I’m probably a new author to most anyone in this forum, here’s a brief intro: I have 6 full-length novels, several short stories, and novellas, all collectively have sold about 150k copies ww. I write primarily romance and women’s fiction. My latest release (Liar) is the sequel in a slightly dark, forbidden romance duet. In all my books, I have real, flawed characters who you want to be best friends with. And, I always have at least one surprise that will knock you on your ass. I am mostly self published but I have a couple of trad published titles.

I love to read women's fiction, thrillers, romance, biographies, mostly I'll try anything but I don't do well with scifi or paranormal.

I look forward to meething and chatting with you.

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Lia Fairchild
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14 Mar 2016, 03:55 PM
Hi there and welcome!

This site is one of the quieter corner's of the Web, but it is still alive and actively moderated. It is certainly worth posting details of your books here.

>> I'm on lots of other social media platforms.

Have you tried the Kindle Users' Forum - sister of this site, and very active - I'm sure I've seen you and your books mentioned there quite often.

Cheers,

Jonathan
14 Mar 2016, 07:36 PM
Thank you for your reply. I have not been on that site that I recall. Unless maybe a long time ago. I see that one is UK. Is this site for UK users as well? I'll definitely take a look at that other one. Any tips on what/where to post in this group and the sister group is much appreciated.

Lia

(14 Mar 2016 03:55 PM)frogplate Wrote:  Hi there and welcome!

This site is one of the quieter corner's of the Web, but it is still alive and actively moderated. It is certainly worth posting details of your books here.

>> I'm on lots of other social media platforms.

Have you tried the Kindle Users' Forum - sister of this site, and very active - I'm sure I've seen you and your books mentioned there quite often.

Cheers,

Jonathan
14 Mar 2016, 08:53 PM
>> I see that one is UK. Is this site for UK users as well?

Although there are a few site features that default to the UK eBook stores, there is nothing that makes either site "UK-only". We have US readers and authors turn up regularly on both sites.

>> Any tips on what/where to post in this group and the sister group is much appreciated.

On this site feel free to tell us about your books in the "Authors / eBooks PR" forum. You can also let readers know about any freebies in the "eBooks / Free eBooks" forum.

Over in KUForum there is an "Authors and Publishers / EBook Promotion & PR" forum, which as far as I recall is the best place to publicise your own books.
14 Mar 2016, 09:01 PM
(08 Mar 2016 08:09 PM)liafairchild Wrote:  Somehow I stumbled upon this site and I can't tell if it's very active.

there are 1400 members here and 17000 on the kindle forum. see bottom of forum page http://www.nobooko.com/ereaderforum/ Smile
14 Mar 2016, 09:20 PM
Thank you, Mike. Happy to be here.

(14 Mar 2016 09:01 PM)mikewood Wrote:  
(08 Mar 2016 08:09 PM)liafairchild Wrote:  Somehow I stumbled upon this site and I can't tell if it's very active.

there are 1400 members here and 17000 on the kindle forum. see bottom of forum page http://www.nobooko.com/ereaderforum/ Smile

Very helpful, Jonathan. Thank you. Smile

(14 Mar 2016 08:53 PM)frogplate Wrote:  >> I see that one is UK. Is this site for UK users as well?

Although there are a few site features that default to the UK eBook stores, there is nothing that makes either site "UK-only". We have US readers and authors turn up regularly on both sites.

>> Any tips on what/where to post in this group and the sister group is much appreciated.

On this site feel free to tell us about your books in the "Authors / eBooks PR" forum. You can also let readers know about any freebies in the "eBooks / Free eBooks" forum.

Over in KUForum there is an "Authors and Publishers / EBook Promotion & PR" forum, which as far as I recall is the best place to publicise your own books.