Daily Free Books

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Book Upload shock

Share this Page 
15 Mar 2013, 08:32 PM
I had a bit of a shock this week after uploading a revised manuscript of my first crime thriller The Wreck Of The Margherita

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble
to the Kobo Store.
Although the upload went ok I could not find the book in the Kobo Store. It was only after lengthy correspondence with the Kobo help team that I discovered the problem.
If you upload a revised book file it appears under a new link. This caused me a major problem as it meant altering the links on my promo material, website and email sign-off.
Worse than that, the new upload loses all the rankings and stars of the original and plunges down the chart as a result. I'm sure chart position has an effect on potential readers so this is not good news.
The help team assure me they are working on a way to fix this and I have suggested it should be a priority.
I am not sure if this problem is widely known but until it is sorted I will not be fixing the few annoying typos in my second book.

THE WRECK OF THE MARGHERITA

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble

DEATH SQUAD

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble

Danny Lancaster, wounded Afghanistan veteran, widowed father of two, private investigator

THE WRECK OF THE MARGHERITA

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble

DEATH SQUAD

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble

ROUGH DIAMOND

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble

ROCK HARD

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19 Mar 2013, 09:33 AM
That's one heck of a pain and something that really needs sorting. The links are bad enough, but losing ranking and ratings can't be doing anyone any good.

Did you try setting it to Wumbo?
Find all posts by this user
11 Apr 2013, 07:56 PM
That is a huge issue, I hope they sort that out. Does that only happen when you change the upload doc or does it happen when you change price etc too?
Find all posts by this user