Nobooko : Kobo / Nook Forum
Hi - Printable Version

+- Nobooko : Kobo / Nook Forum (http://www.nobooko.com/ereaderforum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to Nobooko (/forum-25.html)
+--- Forum: Say Hello (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Hi (/thread-224.html)

Hi - mickywigan - 13 Jul 2013 06:39 PM

Just found this site today and thought i would join.
Ive recently got back into reading after buying the Kobo Mini and im now hooked again so have just treated myself to the Kobo Glo.
I used to read many years ago mainly Sci Fi and Horror and literally lived in my local library but these Kobos are amazing,im still amazed how many books you can actually get on such a small device,im normally a technophobe but even i can work out these.
Hope to have a natter with like minded folk

RE: Hi - frogplate - 13 Jul 2013 07:01 PM

Hi there and welcome!

I've got a Kobo Mini too and am really loving it. I've got a couple of other ereaders but the small size of the Mini and the Reading Life features tend to mean that it's the device most likely to get slung in my rucksack.

It amazes me that when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's small handheld devices with touch screens that could hold vast amounts of information and communicate with other devices were pure science fiction (original series of Star Trek, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Find On:

KoboBarnes & Noble
) and now they are every day life. I've been using handheld devices since the original Psions came out in the 1980's but it is only in the last year or so that they have finally equalled or even surpassed the sci-fi dream of the ubiquitous computing device.

It all makes me wonder what we are reading about in current day Science Fiction that it is going to be every day life in 30 years time...